2020年12月5日 星期六

What if you forget you password of DHL account and also forget the security answer (Passwort oder Antwort auf Sicherheitsfrage vergessen) while you have a package in the Packstation? You even move to a new place and cannot receive post at your old address

Well this is a long story about DHL and packstation and solution


What if you forget you password of DHL account and also forget the security answer (Passwort oder Antwort auf Sicherheitsfrage vergessen) while you have a package in the packstation? You even move to a new place and cannot receive post at your old address

I personally think DHL website is not friendly especially if you want to find some information. Therefore, I summarise some information and hope this post may help you or give you some hints.

If you forget your password and also your security answer (Antwort auf Sicherheitsfrage) like me, here is a solution I found out after couple of messages and communications.

My German is quite limited so I deal with this problem mostly online and with help of Google translate.

I did call DHL service line once (phone number here : 02284333112) and indeed got some useful hints to actually find a solution using their website.

Honestly, their website is super super super difficult to use. I don't know what native German speaker thinks but for me it is very difficult to find out the exact solution. It is really rocket science. no joking.

Anyway, there is no direct link to jump to the webpage and thus, let me tell you the steps to reach the exact webpage, where you can issue the problem "Passwort oder Antwort auf Sicherheitsfrage vergessen" and a person will deal with it.


step 1 : go to this link
https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/hilfe-kundenservice.html

step 2 : select "DHL Kundenkonto", which is in the middle

step 3: select " DHL Kundenkonto allgemein"

step 4: select "Wo finde ich meine Postnummer?"

step 5: select the hyperlink "Kundenservice"

Now you should see "Ihr Anliegen zum DHL Kundenkonto" if you follow these steps written above. Rocket science. Isn't it?! Why can someone make such complicated system?! Ask DHL. I personally think that they intend to do so. Once you see this website, just type in corresponding information. After one day or so, you should receive their reply.

In their reply, they said they reset the answer and will send me a mail to my address. Here comes to my second problem. What if you have moved to somewhere else? The address you filled in for the Packstation is not valid anymore. So I ask them again. Their answer is that you have to cancel your post account.

Here is my third problem . What if I have something in the Packstation right now. It actually is my problem. It becomes a chicken/egg dilemma. If I cancel my post account, how can I pick up my package and I don't have a way to login my post account. So I ask them once again. Their solution is that they email me the the collection code (Abholcode). After couples of days and nights, finally I got the package.


Rest is easy. just simply cancel your old post account and create a new one. Due to current Coronavirus, I wait for probably more than a month to get the new card and can use it. Super high efficiency of DHL as always. Isn't it?


As an engineer, I provide a flowchart and hope it will help you to understand the problem and solution. As I said before, dealing with DHL is rocket science literally.



* If forget your password to login:

> Click "passwort vergessen"

It then will ask your

forget answer "security answer (Antwort auf Sicherheitsfrage)"

if you know it, problem solved

if you don't like me

> please follow the steps I wrote before

If you still stay where you register for the post account

problem solved

if you moved like me

you must cancel your post account and make a new one



* If you currently have a package in the Packstation,

> please follow the steps I wrote before to tell them you currently have a package in a packstation. 
 They will tell you the collection code (Abholcode)

Now you should be able to get your package.

> cancel your post account and make a new one.


All in all, it may take you couples of days to solve all problems. My sincere suggestion is better not forget the password and/or security answer at the first place.


have fun with DHL. :)


沒有留言: